Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hawaiian Hut...or Hawaiian Nut

Recently, I began helping out at my uncle and father's store. It has been very entertaining to say the least. (I'm still at the hotel)

So much drama and craziness. If there were bilingual reality shows on Polynesians, it should be Tony's Hawaiian Hut. It would have to be a USA television series, because characters are all welcome.

If you come to the store, it is not like Wal-Mart or Kmart where you know where everything is. When you come into the store one day, it will be completely changed and remodeled the next day. The store has been remodeled and dry walled more times than I can remember. I laugh at this because the last time we re-painted our house was when it was almost burned down due to my mother leaving a candle lit on the staircase(Maybe another blog, I'll think about it). Before that, it was painted when we moved in...1996. Yeah, I know.

It is like watching an episode of Who's the Boss at times. Everyone has an opinion on everything and Tongan's are aggressive on the football/rugby field, not so much with each other. My father, the least of all. My mother on the other hand is a tiger. Do not mess with her.

My aunt is the fashion consultant for all the clothing and merchandising. She is very serious about it and does a great job. Her daughter and my cousins help out with the store. They are hilarious and we laugh more than we work sometimes. If you're on the west side you should come and visit us at Tony's Hawaiian Hut...or Nut sometimes I forget.

9 comments:

Dacia said...

Your posts are always entertaining! Sounds like a lot of fun in the store!

jaemiheaps said...

You will have to let me know where it is and I would love to stop by and check it out!!!

Carrie Samantha Miranda Charlotte said...

Hey..is it the new one right by city hall in WV??? I pass by there ALL THE TIME...obviously....I am going to come in and look for you!!!! I've been wanting to stop by forever, but I am always rushing to that office or away from that office... but I will for sure SOON!!!...

Married Mannings said...

Too funny!!

SayitwithanH said...

Yeah, its right off of I-215 west. The address is 3510 South Market St. West valley City. It is just west of 2700 West off of 3500 South.

I usually work Friday nights and Saturdays all day. Stop by anytime. I'm there during the weekday, however, its a better bet on the weekends.

Its even more hilarious working there. ;)

Carrie Samantha Miranda Charlotte said...

...Hey can you get off early on Saturday??? We are getting group together to go to the Mamma Mia sing-along at the Sandy Mega-plex at 7:20... it will be sooo fun!!! Text me!!!

Naise said...

Hawaiian Hut's address: 3510 S Market St. (2880 W)

Hola: I thought you work Sat. until 9:00 p.m. You will be fired girl

SayitwithanH said...

Hey! We don't need to put the EXACT address up. I may get stalkers. ;) Lucky!

Trudy got a cold so I didn't go anyway. DANG You did not have to put me on blast like that. Sheesh! Pretty soon, you may find yourself blocked. ;)

Tupea said...

The store should be called The Hawaiian Hut with all the Tongan NUTS (working)!!!