Sunday, July 13, 2008

Why am I still single???

This weekend I went to Las Vegas for a friends birthday. I had a great time and I am a believer in the motto , "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" so to protect the innocent, I will not mention anything. I did not go to Vegas to find romance or anything. It was coming home that romance tried to find me. I hid from it like a fat kid hides from its gym teacher.

Let me create the scenario for you. I had returned back to the hotel at 3:30 AM. My brother, who is an insomniac called me and I returned his call. We spoke on the phone until 4:30. I woke up at 5:15 AM to catch the 6:20 flight. The hotel was only 8 mins away, so no big deal. I sat next to a very interesting guy. We spoke the entire hour and a half flight. Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time I got to the Salt Lake Airport. I sat down at the curb and waited for my aunt to come and pick me up.

As I was sitting there, a friendly security guard walked by and proceeded to make small talk with me. I thought he was just being friendly and so I chatted back. Then he proceeded to ask me if I am:

1. Single. Answer. Yes. I didn't really think anything at this point. My mind was a bit slow from the exhaustion.
2. Age. Answer. I don't think that age is anything to be ashamed of, I answered 31. To which he began to crudely remark that I should have "popped out 5-6 kids from there" pointing to my abdomen area. I was tired and didn't want to move. So, I just sat there shocked.
3. Gay. Answer. I should have said yes, but I was too shocked from the last question, so I answered honestly No.
4. Dated only polynesian guys. Answer. I get this question all the time, I automatically answered no. But, I was tired.
5. Dated only white men. Answer. I hear that exhaustion is used in torture to make people reveal truths that they normally would have lied about. It must work because, I said no.
6. Dated good looking black men. Answer. He was black so I almost laughed, but I was too tired. I replied that if he had a good personality, like any guy I would consider it. He then stepped right in front of me and said "I'll wait for you to ask me for my phone number."

I responded by picking up my phone pretending I was going to ask him for his phone number then, loudly asked my aunt if she was going to pick me up...SOON!

These are the kind of guys that ask me out. That is WHY I am still single.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hola, it's me Wendi. I don't have blogspot it shows me as anonymous but I had to share a story with you.

This happens to remind me of something that happened to me at the West Valley Library a couple of years ago. I was in the fitness section looking at a Yoga DVD when this Polynesian looking guy with longer hair comes up to and starts talking to me. First of all, he has a New Zeeland or Australian accent which is normally a good thing. He starts the conversation saying he's a personal trainer and then proceeds to tell me that "making love" is an excellent way to burn extra calories and while some guys don't like "heavier" women but HE doesn't have a problem with it (he said this as he looks me up and down in a way that made me feel like I needed to talk to my bishop). Quite a pick up line he had, "it doesn’t bother me that you’re chubby, I want to do you anyway". Needless to say, I now BUY all my yoga DVD's… online.

SayitwithanH said...

Yeah, seriously. I mean, there are days when I wonder, what are they thinking. These guys with their ridiculous pick-up lines and body part descriptions. I like guys, but I seem to attract the kind that must think that I am desperate enough to fall for anything. That is why we are both STILL single. *sigh*

The One said...

Yeah! I'm so excited to read your blog. Oh, it's Heather by the way. Hola, you crack me up. Not just a little. You make me laugh hard enough for Brandon to say in the other room, "What's going on in there?" Love that pic of the kids too.

Amanda C said...

I found your blog! I am sorry men can be such pigs. Evenutally we find one less pig-like than all the rest. Hope you are well!

SayitwithanH said...

Yay! Heather, I'm glad you found my spot...I mean blogspot. Wow. Anyways. We can both make witty remarks that Mounu will give us puzzled looks for.

Hi Amanda! I honestly don't think that men are pigs. The ones that are just happen to be the ones that ask me out. I know, I should be more liberated and ask them out. But, I think to myself, do I want to be the one always making the moves and initiating everything. So, I back off, out of fear of rejection and also getting together with a guy that has no motivation. Also, I'm a chicken. So, maybe I deserve the guys that go after girls that are chicken. Who knows.

Anonymous said...

...LOL... I love it!!! I swear the ulis are over the top nervy like that... I got proposed to at the 7-11 at 48 & 35 by your house...in uniform at 0730 in the morning by an exotic dancer (yes guy)...he was a stalker...told me every time he had seen me at work in the past 3 years... I was so annoyed/freaked out I wanted to puke!!!... and to top it off he was driving his baby's mama's car... he asked for my # and I told him 911!!!... it was so ugly!!! I just tell people I am NOT AVAILABLE!!!!.... it's true... I am NOT AVAILABLE to THEM!!!!.. No need to go into detail with STRANGEers... and the guy at the library needs his green card revoked!!!...he must be one of your cousins...ha ha ha ...glad you texted me about this...TOOOO funny!!!... poor girl being taken advantage of in a exhausted vulnerable state... and dang...did he not have some "securing" of the premesis to take care of????... no wonder airport security is still lacking!!!

SayitwithanH said...

You CRACK ME UP! I'm in shock that someone tried to hit on you IN POLICE UNIFORM! Wow. my question is where did the stripper see you around for 3 years? hmmm, interesting Ms. Trudy. :D. I should be nice to guys and usually I am very nice. The problem is that they, single & married, think you are interested in them when you are nice. So you have to act like a witch just to get your message across. It would be easier if they could just act like normal guys, like my gay guy friends. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

lol! did you tell him you are in a relationship and it's complicated?

SayitwithanH said...

Only my "special" friends know about my complex relationships. ha! ha!

I really don't want to sound like some kind of female chauvanist. I'm not, but these are seriously the only kinds of guys that ask me out. So, I had to share since I went to my parents family ward to sub for my mother's class and I was asked at least FOUR TIMES, if I'm dating anyone and why not! So, its not that I'm not open, I'm just not THAT open.

SayitwithanH said...

Quite of few of you have text me and asked me if he was cute. The answer is no, he wasn't. Even if he was, the pointing to my belly, making remarks about my reproduction and asking me if I am gay are automatic relationship potential killers. Don't do it. Its relationship 101.

Dacia said...

You crack me up with the way you tell a story. I know it been over 10 years now, but when I lived in Utah it seemed that the only guys I could pick up were at least 15 years older than me. It must be Utah!

SayitwithanH said...

Perhaps it is utah. Maybe, I would understand it better if I double french braided my hair and I had some sister-wife aunts that were actually sisters. Maybe, but I doubt it. ;P

Jessica said...

Oh my Hola that is the funniest story! And I've so been there where it's like...when and where did you get the impression I was in the mood for small chat with a stranger and better yet when did you decide it would be a good idea to pick up on me...seriously I love it that's so funny!

Line said...

LOL, that is sooo funny Hola! This is Line, btw. My blog is private, so email me at linehafoka@hotmail.com so I can invite you!

Rebecca said...

oh my goodness! Could he have been any more rude/immature/pathetic? The incredible magnitude of lameness that some men possess is amazing! But, I love your story...funny!

SayitwithanH said...

I can't get annoyed really, because as lame as some of them are, I chuckle at their approaches. I do have to give credit for their nerve. It must be fun up in their world of delusion. ;)