Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My Secrets

So, I titled the beginning to titillate you into reading further. Trust me, while I am all about transparency in government, I'm not about to publicly declare anything personal that can come back to bite me in the boo-tay. Ok-ay! So, these are things you may already know about me and things you can learn. They aren't a "secret" as much as information that I don't share because they don't come up in conversation all the time.

My comfort food is McDonald's regular cheeseburger, no pickles & no onions. When I get really stressed that is what I eat. It reminds me of my late grandpa Nomani. My parents were very poor when I was growing up. We NEVER ate out, okay never is a strong word, rarely would be more appropriate. My grandpa took me the few times I ever remember eating out, we went to Hardee's and he ordered me a cheeseburger and small fries and an orange drink. I can't remember if it was a "happy meal" but I just remember I thought it was THE best thing ever. I think my little sister Mounu was with me, but I can't remember. So, now if you see me eating a McD's cheeseburger, I'm either really stressed or I have no money for anything else. ;D

I sleep on my stomach. I know, why would you ever want to know that information. Like I said, it doesn't ever come up in conversation and its just an FYI. So, FYI, I sleep on my stomach, with one leg slightly bent. You're welcome.

I think my best physical features are my hands. I am also lazy at times and so, I rarely ever paint my nails. Also, I HATE when the nail polish chips off and I have a fear of acrylic nails. I have heard horror stories about the damage that acrylic nails do to your nail beds and your cuticles. So, I will never get acrylic nails. So, my nails look like crap until I fix them. Drama you never thought you knew about me.

When I put gas in my car, the amount has to end in either a 0 or 5. Its my OCD. I have very few OCD tendencies, unlike my cousins and siblings. My car is one of my OCD tendencies. Not necessarily the cleanliness, but the maintenance. I have a fear of being stranded. I have AAA, a cell phone, tons of relatives, I can change a tire (I hate doing it, especially out at night in the dark) and have read all the owners manuals of the cars I have owned. I can jump my car using cables. I used to have a battery starter in my car where I could plug it into the cigarette lighter and start it. I loaned it to someone and never got it back. Probably a relative. Go ahead, write it in the comments that you still have it. I'll wait for you to respond then track you down like the thief that you are. ;P

I think that's enough secrets for now. You may feel really close to me now and feel like we went to girls camp or something together. We didn't. I didn't go to girls camp. Unless you count Oakcrest as a "girls camp" then I went once. Also, we had a yw camp out once, but we stayed at a really really nice cabin in Parley's that was nicer than my home. So, I don't count that either. No latrines for me thank you. What do you expect from a 4-H drop-out. Oh, yeah that's another secret I forgot to mention. I'll talk about that some other time, or you can ask.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Thanks for the info! Now, I feel like I finally figured you out and know who you are! Come on!!!! Those are not secrets!!! Tell us something juicy!!!! Something SCANDALOUS! I dare you!!!! Show your true face!!!

SayitwithanH said...

Something juicy...I prefer grape over apple and orange for breakfast. But overall my favorite is cranberry. Scandalous is the amount of time you've let pass before you've updated your own blog missy! ;)

The One said...

I agree about the nails thing. My grandmother, who was always very well put together, had acrylic nails. And once she had an infection from it. The End. Well, it was the end for me. I'll never have them but she kept on keeping on with them til the end.....
and you can't bite fake nails and I'd hate to see what nervous habit I'd start up to replace it.

SayitwithanH said...

Seriously. Stick with the bad habits you know. That's the conservative way. ;)

Angeles said...

funny that you have time to mention all your secrets to the world but can't get back to me about a discount! thanks a lot. LOL! just kidding...don't go eat a cheeseburger now. LOL!

SayitwithanH said...

Oh Shhh...oot! Sorry Angeles. I totally meant to call you back. Our Revenue Director was out and I'm a TERRIBLE cousin. How can I make it up to you. Sooo sorry!

Angeles said...

well first, you can write an awesome blog about me and then you can give me a hookup to suite like you gave siane. you know, the executive suite?

SayitwithanH said...

Call me and we can discuss it. ;)