Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Is that passion fruit in your pocket, or are you just happy to read me?

So, I am a single gal, I think I mentioned that in my last post (I make it sound as if I have so many). Therefore, I must work for a living. I enjoy what I do for a living. I work in Sales and get to speak to different kinds of people all day long. I work with people who want to get rich quick and cure cancer with their potions. I work with people who want to save the world through dentistry, genealogy, religion and even romance novelists, believe it! You name it there is an organization for it. These people are all very sincere about their associations and their agendas. I've learned that you can have a passion for almost anything. I would like to find the association for procrastinators, but I just haven't had the time, maybe later. The point is that you need to find your passion. Is it your family? Is it your job? Is it a hobby that you have? I'm still trying to find mine. Definitely, my family and friends are part of my passion. Traveling is a hobby, but I wouldn't say a passion. Many times, I just want to sit in a quiet room and read. Is that a passion, maybe.

My mother is a librarian, she has a masters degree in library science. She doesn't understand why I enjoy my job. I told her that I don't think I would enjoy her job. She said, that she helps people learn and she learns with them. She gets to discover something new every day. I love libraries. I've always loved them, now I know why she does. So, the next time you wonder why someone is happy, maybe they're doing something they enjoy. Bloom where you are planted is a philosophy I subscribe to, some people bloom because they love where they are planted. I'm glad we all have different ideas and philosophies. If we were all conservative or liberal how exciting would that debate be for us to watch? How would we grow?

2 comments:

Married Mannings said...

Bloom where you are planted... I like that.

SayitwithanH said...

Its not my own idea, but I like it too.