Monday, October 6, 2008

Am I being too picky????

I have an Uncle, well I have many actually. But, this one particular Uncle, every time I see him tells me to tell my mother to stop being so picky. He is referring to my marital status. He thinks I should just get married. As if I can just pick a husband up at the local McDonald's. Well, he actually may not be too far off.

This past weekend, I had to open the store as usual. However, I also had to make the bank deposit from the night before. The store opens at 8:30am and the bank opens at 9:00 am. We always try to have two people in the store. I told my cousin I didn't think it would be that busy this morning because of the LDS General Conference, later definitely, but only between sessions. So, I told her I would drop off the deposit and I needed to weigh in at weight watchers. I said, it would take me about 30 minutes and I would buy her some McDonald's. She agreed and so I ran my errands. When I pulled into the McDonald's parking lot, the line to the drive in was waaay to long. I thought for sure the line inside would be shorter, plus I try not to idle my car, for the environment and my wallet...ha. Next time I'm going to let the car idle and cause a hole in the ozone. Here is what happened.

So, I parked the car and went inside. I was standing in a huge crowd and trying to get to the line. A small hispanic man with a strong accent, told me I could go ahead of him. I smiled and said thank you. Then we proceeded to have the following conversation.

Him: Where is your husband?
Me: huh?

Him: Boyfriend?
Me: (When will I learn to lie) *Awkward smile*. No.

Him: Do you want a boyfriend?
Me: (the lady in front of me kept making the guy repeat back her order, he hardly spoke English and the line was taking FOREVER, I wanted to kill them) Not really.

Him: Are you sure?
Me: Yeah, I'm good.

Him: So, am I. (He started to laugh, ick)
Me: ( I Quickly turn to the cashier and give her my order and money and feel sick to my stomach and move to the side to wait for my food. As I am waiting a kid comes up to the man and says, "Dad is the food done yet?")

Don't ever be picking up girls at McDonald's while your KIDS are waiting for their food. Am I being too picky...I don't think so. Sheesh!

14 comments:

Leo said...

haha. that is a funny story hola. you have the funniest stories. i love it!

Amanda C said...

That is horrible! Creepy man at McDonald's...ick.

SayitwithanH said...

Thanks Leo. Life is crazy. I just write about it.

Hi Amanda, Thanks for the FLOWERS! You are sooo nice!

Carrie Samantha Miranda Charlotte said...

....LOL... I love it!!! it must be the area because that is close to where I got proposed to at the 7-11!!! SOOO....NOOOO... I do not think you are too picky!!! In fact...are you sure his wife wasn't there too??? Ha ha ha... Girl... please, you're problem isn't being too picky... Its just that no one is good enough!!!... It's a curse that you've been given!!! I have the same curse...LOL...

SayitwithanH said...

I WISH I knew where the cause of this problem lay. I can't blame it all on them. I mean, look at us. AHAHAHA! Kidding. Am I? ;)

It was icky at the time, then when his kid came up to him it became comedy. Shoot! :D

Jessica said...

That is hilarious!!!!! I've heard some nasty lines like that too. Once I was in Wendover and this big man kept sticking his tounge out at me and rolling it around his lips, I was like HELLO husband right here...besides that fact you're 25 years older than me:) He wanted a shugga momma since I was winning big on Roulette :)

Anonymous said...

why don't you try some places that are classier like dennys or wendys. your chances of meeting better guys are much better there.

SayitwithanH said...

Jessica - i bet he really did want a shugga momma. I don't get why people think that is even ATTRACTIVE! Fo' reals. ;)

I know, I will definitely go to Carls Jr or Arby's next time. They definitely have the higher end clientel in the fast food business. Rancheritos...only with a group. hehe. But I love me some breakfast burritoes. YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

I like breakfast BURRITOS. Maybe you should see if Dan Quayle is single and avaliable. He likes adding "e" to words also.

SayitwithanH said...

Eeewe! Why don't you see if Dan Quayle is single and available. LOL. I can think of three possible people who this is, Scott, Isi or Larry.

SayitwithanH said...

Four...Dane

GD said...

I LOVE ALL THINGS HOLA!!!!
Thanks for making me laugh!
love ya
gina

Mounu said...

Gina,
Her head is big enough as it is lol. Don't encourage her!

t and britty said...

that's hot! maybe not, but hilarious.