Monday, October 27, 2008

Man Hands...yeah that's me ;)

So, in a previous post I discussed that a physical feature I like about myself are my hands. What I failed to tell you, is that my hands are pretty big. My friend and work and I laugh about our hands and if you've ever seen the Jerry Seinfeld episode, we call them our "Man hands."

I wear a size 9 in ring. YEAH! I know. Crazy. I can't buy any of the nice feminine gloves because one size does NOT fit ALL!

I conjure up images of "So, I Married an Axe Murderer" and say "Hand move now" and laugh. One of my mahu (gay male feminine) cousins tried to make me feel better, he said "They are not Man Hands, they are elegant and graceful, like Queen Salote." That's why I love my mahu cousins.

I really don't mind that they're big, its funny how some things make you sensitive and others you just brush your shoulder. Now, if they made fun of my old red-framed glasses it would be ON! ;)

3 comments:

Kristie Summers said...

hey hola, it's kristie. personally i loved your red rimmed glasses, they were the best. especially when you were missing one side :) how are you hola? you know on talk radio shows when everyone says, long time listener first time caller, well thats kind of what this is. i read your blog but never comment. great blog!!!! when are you coming out to visit me?

t and britty said...

i like how you can laugh about yourself. you crack me up. i was checking your blog to see what costume you picked for halloween. i'll wait for the next post to see.

SayitwithanH said...

Thanks for loving my red glasses Kristie. Even when one side was gone and then when both sides were gone and you had to tell me where to waive because I was sooo blind and couldn't see where people where saying hello to me on campus. Ahhh, good times. ;)

Halloween costume...I was part of a skit at work and my character was DJ Diamond Dazzle, I brought the bling bling to the wed-ding. I used glitter puff paints. I'll see if I can find one. For my actual Halloween costume I was Marg Simpson. I'll try and get a pic of that too. So, I had two costumes. It was a fun filled Halloween!