Monday, August 11, 2008

Diets and Exercise...why?

I am on weight watchers, I don't enjoy not eating my favorite foods. But, the idea of being heavy and uncomfortable with myself is worse than the cravings. So, I've been running and dieting. The hardest part of the diet is not the food denial, its the exercise.

I hate to exercise, I know hate is a strong word...I REALLY STRONGLY DISLIKE exercise. I think its because as a girl, you do everything in your power to make sure nothing jiggles and moves. We're all tucked-in, pulled-up, stretched-out and moved-around. Just so nothing moves when you walk. When you start to exercise, it all falls-out , scrunches together, goes together and droops. I don't know why people say you meet cute people at the gym. I have yet to see anyone at the gym that I have thought, "ooh, that mismatched outfit wearing, heavily breathing, sweat under their armpits, ugly shoes person, yes! I gotta get me some of that." Nobody looks like they are happy to be at the gym. I used to go with a friend, but we never talked, we focused on simply getting through our exercise and could barely catch our breath. Everyone is very serious and looking continuously at the clock. We all are timing ourselves to make sure we get our 30 min cardio and 30 min strength training. Once that sixty minutes is up, we are GONE! At least I am. Then I stop at Jake's and reward myself. Remind me again, why am I exercising? ;D

9 comments:

Dacia said...

I HATE exercise too! I need to get back on the treadmill, especially when I get back from vacation!

The One said...

I have the opposite problem. I don't mind working out. But it probably isn't a good plan to run on the treadmill while watching "Paula Dean" on the food network. I just run and run, then run off the treadmill and make myself some "Southern Style Mac and Cheese" or "Peanut Butter Balls".

Amanda C said...

I struggle with the exercise part too...you are not alone.

Line said...

Lol, Hola you crack me up! What? You don't like guys with sweaty armpits? Hahaha... I forgot to tell you at the family reunion that you look good! Weight watchers and exercise seem to be working very well for you.

SayitwithanH said...

I'm glad I'm not alone with the exercise thing Dacia.

Heather, I'm terrible, because I watch all that food channel stuff, it makes me weak in the knees, I can't run except to the fridge to make me some food. ;D

yay! Amanda, my weight watchers buddy!

Thanks for the compliments Line!

Sione and Berlina Sika said...

I so hear you Shmola! I am back on the treadmill of death ( hey i had to dust the cobwebs off it...I wish I was kidding), and hating every step I take. I have a rule...you either diet, or you exercise...doing both kills you faster! So choose your poison well!

SayitwithanH said...

Ahhh, good for you Berlina! Now I know why I'm killing myself. I need to cut out one. hmmm, I wish, unfortunately I can't do the eating one very well, so I have to punish myself and everyone else at the gym.

Jessica said...

Oh honey, I can't even remember the last time I exercised. Does walking from my car to work count? I admire people who go everyday though cuz it jsut ain't me!!!

SayitwithanH said...

I admire them too. I don't work out everyday. I try to at least 3-4 times a week. Usually I take Sat & Sun off and then Thur or Friday depending on my schedule. However, I forgot my running shoes this week when I went on my trip to DC. Not good. I had a very dissappointing week.