Saturday, July 10, 2010

Flowers Chasing Bees...Oh My

So, one of my mother's favorite sayings regarding dating rituals is "the flower doesn't chase the bee." Hello, thank you early 20th Century dating advice Mom. The flowers these days have grown legs and don't wait around for the bees to find them. They go right up to the beehive, introduce themselves and screen the bees for possible medical history problems, mental illness and STDs.

Also, they don't just look pretty for one bee, I mean why do you need one bee when the whole hive would like to get near your stem and piston? Know what I'm sayin. They go to the latest hive hot spots and act like they love all the pollen sports and drink all the fermented honey just like bees. Those of us flowers that still keep our 33 year old roots are left wilting wondering when our next bee is coming. I mean when is the bee that isn't ridiculous coming already right.

3 comments:

Dacia said...

I hope soon :) Cause you're just too awesome!

Married Mannings said...

My mom used to tell me the same saying. I wonder if its a family thing...

SayitwithanH said...

Thanks Dacia! You are pretty amazing too.

It probably is a family thing, its a hereditary disease, it's called crazy. LOL!