Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bad Boys vs. Good Guys

I was having a conversation with a cousin of mine this weekend. She was telling me that she is in love with this guy. He is always drunk, he's a gang banger and basically a "bad boy." She told me that she has always been attracted to "bad boys." While I was trying to tell her about her options and that she can do better, I found myself having dejavu. I have had this conversation with other friends and cousins about "bad boys." Why do women like them?

I have no idea. I think it might have to do with the idea of taming them or rebelling. I've always been attracted to good guys. I like the idea that I won't go through an emotional roller coaster. Maybe girls that like bad boys like drama. While we were having this conversation she told me about three other cousins who like bad boys. I guess I'll be having dejavu again.

P.S. I promised my cousin Larry Moeaki he would get a shout out in my blog. He's a good guy, sometimes. ;)

9 comments:

Dacia said...

I'm with you, I like the good guys!

Annie said...

I like to flirt with the bad boys but I only date the good boys. And I love this quote by Cher: "Of course I'm looking for Mr. Right, but that doesn't mean I can't play with Mr. Wrong along the way."

Mounu said...

LOL...Hola I think Larry wanted a shout out but wanted you to slyly slip in his name..like where his name has something to do w/the blog for the day...lol..not a tag in the end.
As for your post...I'm curious as to who our cousins are that like these boys...hmmm I'll call you!

Sione and Berlina Sika said...

No, I think Larry belongs on the bad boy list! hahaha I think that was totally deliberate on Hola's part...to give Lazza a shout out on the bad boy list...hahahaha

Line said...

I don't get the whole bad boy attraction either. Never did. I actually get frustrated with girls who are into "bad boys," but I try not to be so judgmental. It's hard though when it's someone close to you. Anyway, that's all...

Carrie Samantha Miranda Charlotte said...

Hola...you ALWAYS entertain me and make me laugh...or say HMMMM...he he...Anyhow...It's all fun and games until you are spending your hard earned $$$ to bail him out of jail or he hits you and gives you a black eye... I don't get it either??!!?? If more girls refused to be with bad boys, I personally believe there would be less bad boys...women reinforce their bad behavior by being with them... what is so great about being with a guy that is drunk all the time???...OH the stories I could tell!!!(from work, NOT personal experience he he)... It just comes down to knowing that as a women you deserve to be treated as a queen...and in turn you treat your man like a king!!!...

SayitwithanH said...

I also don't get good guys that fall for crazy drama girls. I'm like, what the heck. I know some girls that LIVE for drama and making their men and friends crazy. I just don't understand drama or selfish people. Whatever I guess.

Jacqueline said...

Hola, where is my blog shout out?


A quick grey's reference, WTF is with Izzie and Denny? Seriously?

SayitwithanH said...

I don't understand Izzy and Denny either. I'm at a tettering point because of this plot line. If Izzy goes nuts, it will be too much and I will have to stop watching. It happended to me in college when I was addicted to Days of our Lives. Then Marlena became possessed by the devil. That was the end for me and quite a few other people. Be careful Greys writers, be very careful.